Blastane, a range of hydrocarbon fluids for industrial’s explosives.
Innovative range of high-purity, extra-safe and environmentally friendly hydrocarbons cuts for Ammonium Nitrate Explosives (ANFO and emulsions)
Compared to other hydrocarbon fluids (oils, fuel oils, kerosene), the BLASTANE range offers several benefits:
- Aromatics free (<0.03%) and benzene free (<1 mg/kg).
- Not classified as CMR (Carcinogenic, Mutagenic, Reprotoxic) substance according to the GHS/CLP Regulation (EC) 1272/2008, unlike standard fuel-oil and diesel ordinarily used in AN explosives are labelled as CMR cat. 2.
- Rated as “readily biodegradable” according OECD 301B or OECD 306 standards.
- Environmentally friendly hydrocarbons cuts resulting in low toxic fumes (no sulfur oxide SOx, less nitrogen oxide NOx). Users can quickly resume work which increases productivity.
- Easy to emulsify.
- Excellent emulsion stability due to the absence of aromatic compounds (which can cause crystallization and emulsion breaking), giving a longer lifespan compared to standard diesel/oil emulsions.
- No odor for ANFO formulations.
- Cost optimization by reducing the emulsifier content and/or the emulsifier quality.
- A wide range of viscosities to meet all kinds of technical requirements.
For more, check out the product page on TotalEnergies special fluids website